Providing Personal Attention and Quality Service to Every Client
Betty Russo Law, P.C., incorporated in 2012, is a firm that focuses on Family Law. As a former teacher and realtor, I bring years of experience working with families and family issues to my Family Law practice. The type of cases my firm handles include Contested and Uncontested Divorces, Child Custody, Visitation and Support and Paternity cases. My firm also drafts Premarital Agreements, Separation Agreements, Wills, Durable Power of Attorneys, Advanced Medical Directives and Health Care Declarations for clients.
Every client has their own unique story and set of circumstances. Legal cases take time to resolve so there needs to be a good working relationship between the attorney and client. A free initial consultation allows the prospective client to meet with me to determine if we can work well together prior to being retained as legal counsel. As an attorney, I approach each case from a healing perspective. In Divorce proceedings, the way parties divorce has long-term effect on their children and on them. I listen, I care and I ask my clients what will enable them to heal and move forward as their legal issues are being resolved. Then I provide legal advice and representation to meet the needs of my clients. Betty Russo Law, P.C. first uses the negotiation process with opposing counsel to try and resolve my client’s legal issues. If the negotiation process does not work, then I litigate my client’s legal issues through the Court system.
Contact me today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Contested Divorce
- Uncontested Divorce
- Child Custody, Visitation and Support
- Premarital and Separation Agreements
- Wills, Durable Power of Attorney, Advanced Medical Directives and Health Care Declarations
My law firm has a Mediation Division. I am certified by the Supreme Court of Virginia as a Family Mediator and General Mediator. As a mediator, I facilitate a conversation between the parties in dispute. As a third party neutral, I listen to both parties, ask questions and summarize what I hear the parties saying without offering advice or solutions. This enables communication between the parties and allows them to work together to come up with their own mutually agreed to solution. As a mediator, I can write up their agreement in a Memorandum of Agreement. The parties have the right to have this Memorandum of Agreement reviewed by their attorneys prior to signing such Agreement. Mediation offers disputing parties a way to resolve their issues without the assistance of the Court.
Betty Russo Law, P.C. is a boutique type law firm. I am accessible to clients and return their phone calls in a timely manner. My law firm only takes on a certain number of cases at any given time. This allows Betty Russo Law, P.C. to provide quality representation to all our clients.
Call 757-918-7862 today to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Betty B. Russo
Admitted To The Bar:
- Regent University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2010
- Kean University, Union, N.J., Post-Baccalaureate in Early Childhood Education, 1987
- William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA, Masters Degree in Museum Education, Secondary School Education, 1980
- Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, Bachelors Degree in Political Science, 1977
Professional Memberships and Achievements:
- Virginia Bar Association
- Virginia Beach Bar Association
- Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Virginia Mediation Network, 2013 to Present.
- Virginia House of Delegates, Committee Clerk for the Militia, Police and Public Safety Committee, 2012 Session.
- Volunteer Mediator at The Up Center, Norfolk, VA
- CASA Volunteer, Portsmouth Friends of the Court, Portsmouth, VA.
- Family Mediation Certification, Supreme Court of Virginia
- General Mediation Certification, Supreme Court of Virginia