Call for Experienced Workers' Compensation Representation
Atkinson Law Office is one of Minnesota’s largest workers compensation law firms. Our attorneys include Super lawyers and Certified Minnesota Civil Trial Specialists. All of our attorneys are workers compensation experts. At Atkinson Law Office we only represent injured workers. All of our attorneys are formers insurance company attorneys that know the tricks the insurance companies use to deny or delay your benefits. With over 60 years of combined experience, our attorneys handle disputes involving denied medical benefits, vocational retraining, wage benefits discontinuance, and medical disputes. Mr. Atkinson provides representation to individuals throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. In addition to serving clients in the Twin Cities, his firm has handled cases in Rochester, Alexandria, St. Cloud, Duluth and northern Minnesota's Iron Range.
Through our past work with employers and insurance companies in numerous workers' compensation cases, our lawyers have gained a valuable perspective that helps inform our firm’s current legal strategy. In addition, one of our attorneys Thomas Atkinson had his own personal experience with a work-related injury. This firsthand knowledge dealing with late and dispute wage payments, medical treatment and obstruction of receipt of work comp benefits gives Mr. Atkinson the unique experience of the challenges our clients face. This combination of personal and professional experience has helped the lawyers of Atkinson Law Office provide clients with compassionate representation while building a comprehensive case on their behalf. Today, our firm focuses solely on representing injured workers and disabled individuals and no longer provides legal services to insurers or employers. Our experiences and successes have helped Atkinson Law Office grow into one of Minnesota’s largest and most respected workers compensation law firms. The fact that many of our cases come to Atkinson Law Office through referrals from other lawyers and physicians serves as a testament to our sterling reputation among peers and medical experts.
Contact Atkinson Law Office, P.A. today if you need legal assistance with any of the following:
- Construction worker injuries
- Health care worker injuries, including nursing injuries
- Office worker injuries
- Police officer injuries
- Firefighter injuries
- EMT injuries
- Injuries to state workers
- Warehouse worker injuries
- Injuries to retail workers
- Corrections officer injuries
Call Atkinson Law Office, P.A. today at 651-333-3636 to arrange your free initial consultation.
Attorney Thomas Atkinson
- Minnesota, 1993
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- JD - May, 1993
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
- BA History - May, 1990
Specialties and Certifications:
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy - Baltimore, Maryland, 1995
Attorney Kerry Atkinson
- Minnesota, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2012
- Wisconsin, 2013
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota, May, 1993
- Law Journal: Hamline Journal of Public Law & Policy, Associate Editor
- Smith College, Northampton, Massachusetts, May, 1988
- Major: French Literature
- Minor: Comparative Government
Specialties and Certifications:
- Qualified Neutral under Minn. R. Civ. P. 114.13 , 2012
- Civil Trial Specialist, Minnesota State Bar Association (MSBA), 2002
- Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy (NTBA), 2002
Attorney Dana Gerber
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, Minnesota, 2007
- J.D.University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 2003
- Major: Mass Communication
- Minor: Spanish
Workers Compensation Settlements
Brain and Head Injury Settlements
- Jeff (St. Paul), 57 year contractor who sustained a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) with over 95% PPD awarded, permanent total disability, and retroactive family nursing services and future benefits in excess of $1.3 million dollars PLUS ongoing permanent total disability.
- Randy (Eden Prairie), 41 year old service manager sustained a traumatic brain injury after a work related car accident. Recovered nearly $1 million dollarsin combination of workers compensation benefits and bodily injury benefits as the result of the work related car accident.
- $575,000 for injured worker with head injury
- Frank (Lonsdale), 39 year old boom truck driver who fell off his truck and sustained injuries to his head, neck and finger - $75,000.00 with future medical expense open.
Neck and Back Injury Settlements
- Ron (St. Paul), 46 years old who sustained an injury to his back working for the auto-windshield repair industry - $115,000
- Corey (Bloomington) 34 years old mechanical assembly technician who sustained an injury to his back while lifting parts - $100,000
- Steve (Apple Valley), 58 years old cement truck driver who sustained an injury to his neck and arm when he jammed his head into a part of his truck and got knocked down - $100,000
- Mark (Prior Lake), 53 years old public services worker with a back injury -$95,000
- Chris (St. Paul), 37 years old man who injured his back working a as store manager - $147,500
- James (Hibbing), 57 year old man who sustained head and neck injuries after being struck by a pole - $140,000.00 and over $38,000.00 in outstanding medical bills paid.
- Heather (Cannon Falls), 43 year old woman who sustained injuries to her neck and back after a slip and fall, and then developed chronic pain syndrome -$150,000.00 and future medical open.
- Traci (Blaine), 43 year old woman who sustained injury to her neck which destabilized her pre-existing neck fusion while pushing carts at work -$85,000.00
- Steven (Lindstrom), 51 year old man suffering from bilateral rotator cuff tears and low back injuries arising out of 20 plus years of work in the auto glass industry - $65,000.00 and over $80,000.00 in outstanding medical bills paid.
- Greg (Hutchinson), 56 years old electrician suffering from low back and shoulder injuries due to the physical requirements of his job - $165,000 and over $150,000 in outstanding medical bills paid.
Knee Injury Settlements
- Jimmy (Louisiana), 60 years old who sustained an injury to his knee and hip while dismounting a forklift- $80,000
- Pam (Plymouth), 68 year old woman whose slip and fall at work resulted in a knee replacement - $70,000.00 and over $50,000.00 in outstanding medical bills paid.
"Thank you so much for your time and expertise today. I'm so proud to have you as my lawyer as you are absolutely wonderful at your job... Not to mention hilarious:) Whatever to outcome from today.. I truly appreciate all you have done for me. "
Vadnais Heights, MN
"Finally, I found the attorney that works for the injured worker, after two previous attorneys work for us seemed inadequate. Tom and his staff have the commitment to take it to trial if necessary rather than the other attorneys' inertia and reluctance to do so. He has the integrity that you rarely find in the work comp arena anymore. Your involvement in my case resulted in returning us to some sense of dignity in this battle. I thought that with the multiple near-fatal catastrophic injuries I sustained that the opposing side would do the right thing. Don't deceive yourself with this notion. You must have the right attorney by your side. With all the overwhelming tasks to complete while recovering I thought I needed an attorney that was located near me. Again, I was wrong as they accommodated us however we needed it. Please don't choose a work comp attorney based on location no matter how tempting that may be. Tom and staff thank you for making us believe in justice again."
"Your aggressive handling of this work comp case was first rate. I've worked with other attorneys in the past but appreciated the personal attention you provided me in this matter. Thank you!"
"You kicked butt. I am so happy with my results and I couldn't have done it without you"
North Branch, MN
"I received my settlement check this weekend and I want to thank you and all of your staff for taking on this case and pursuing it to a positive conclusion. These proceedings were not without its share of frustration but I always felt confident in my representation and your efforts to best represent me. I don't believe I could do what you do- I would be to tempted to reach across the table and strangle the opposing counsel. I am very pleased with the outcome and am glad it is over."
St. Paul, MN
"I just want to say a big "thank you" for representing me in my Social Security case. Without your help, I know that I would not have been successful. I am very fortunate that you represented me because you have the experience and knowledge that obtained the favorable ruling"
St. Paul, MN
"Tom and Marci were a tremendous help in that you made it so easy for someone like me who was stressed out about it all, especially with all the little things. I would have had a hard time relaxing enough to deal with everything effectively if you had not been so helpful. I also thought that Tom is very effective in the courtroom and had the facts of my case organized well and was informed so that he could tell where the judge wanted to go with his questions and was able to present the facts in a way that helped my case be viewed favorably by the judge. I was very pleased with the results. Thank you."
White Bear Lake, MN
"It is sad but true that when people are sufficiently disabled to the point they need to apply for benefits, they are often too afflicted to do so. Without people like you I doubt I would have had the patience to complete the task.
Bless you, Tom and Marci, for the good work you do."
"Listen up every employee who has suffered a work comp injury in this state! If you think you don't need a lawyer because everything is going fine, the adjuster is nice, and the QRC they assigned you seems to have your interest at heart; you are WRONG! The longer you wait to hire a lawyer the more disadvantaged you become. Tom Atkinson and his staff are aggressive and experienced workers compensation experts. Tom got me more than I ever thought I would get and NEVER charged a fee until he obtained benefits on my behalf. Thank you Tom, Marci, Gene and Cassie; I couldn't have done it without you on my side."