Family Law and Legal Resources
Family law is the area of law that deals with a variety of matters governing the family relationship, including getting married, getting divorced, adopting a child, and establishing and modifying child support, child visitation and custody.
Top Related Family Law Topics:
- Adoption Law
- Child Abuse
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Child Support
- Separation and Divorce
- Juvenile Law
- Legal Separation
- Prenuptial Agreements
- Spousal Support
LawInfo provides an entire library of free legal information to help you learn about family laws including FAQ's, forms, videos and more.
The information on this page is meant to provide a general overview of the law. The laws in your state and/or city may deviate significantly from those described here. If you have specific questions related to your situation you should speak with a local attorney or find qualified local Family Law Attorneys on LawInfo. Or, click to find Family Law Attorneys in a specific location.
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
Additional Family Law Articles
- Department Of Child Support Enforcement Contact Information
- Dcse District Offices
- Do I Need To Tell Dcse When I Move?
- Can Dcse Help With Questions Or Problems About Custody Or Visitation?
- How Can Dcse Assist With Establishing Paternity?
- If A Judge Makes A Decision I Disagree With, What Can I Do?
- Why Is It So Hard To Reach My Child Support Office By Phone?
- When I Was A Child, The Non-Custodial Parent Did Not Pay The Support He/She Was Ordered To Pay. Can I Collect The Money That Is Owed?
- Do You Have An Attorney I Can Talk To About A Question I Have Related To Child Support?
- Where Is The Scale That Is Used In Setting The Amount Of A Child Support Order?
Top Related Family Law Topics
United States Department of Health & Human Services - Promoting Responsible Fatherhood
Resources and guides provided for free to promote effective parenting
Still have questions?
Contact experienced Family Law Attorneys on LawInfo.com.